Elementary Education System
- International students not only receive excellent education at the K-12 levels, but also caring and supportive environments to live in, such as homestay with a Canadian family or dormitory at a private/boarding school.
- Approximately 95% of Canadian students attend public schools in Canada, but there are also wonderful private and independent school options.
- Courses are taught in English, French, or another language, depending on the school and its location. Some schools offer immersion programs to learn a second language.
- At the higher grades in K-12, core courses required for graduation ensure subject-specific curriculum standards are met, while optional courses enable students to explore interests and expand their knowledge in preferred subjects.
- Classrooms are made up of students from all different ethnicities, religions, and backgrounds, and students are encouraged to be global citizens and to value tolerance and respect for differences.